top of page

Slinger Signaller NVQ


The slinger signaller NVQ is becoming a popular qualification due to the changes to Health and Safety in the workplace legislation. Our courses and assessments can be delivered during a visit to your location, your students are not required to visit a centre in order qualify.

The city and guilds CITB CPCS piling operations NVQ is the industry standard qualification.

For an NVQ complete your details or call us

Your details were sent successfully!

Information on the Slinger Signaller Course

The slinger signaller is the person responsible for guiding the load. We offer this training to CITB NVQ standards. The course is aimed at managers and supervisors and not those on their first level or for inexperienced operators.


All of the NVQ's are assessed via both theory and practical discussions. We have various options available to undertake the process:

Assessment Options One
  • An assessment of the Profile/Skill Match

  • Must hold a CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test

  • Should have experience in piling operations.

  • Someone will need to provide witness testimonies completed by employer or supervisor

  • You will need to provide a record or proof of employment

  • You should provide record of education

  • Undertake the practical assessment which is timed and working to the relevent industry standards.

  • A professional discussion will take place with a qualified assessor and will be taped.

Site Visit Assessments
  • A look at the individuals profile in order to conduct a skills Match

  • MEach student should have a minimum of 6 months experience

  • Experience of the plant that will be assessed

  • Health and safety knowledge

  • Witness testimonies completed by employer or supervisor

  • On site practical assessment (minimum of two observations in workplace)*.

*Non-achievement of practical assessment will result in assessor’s recommendations, such as re-take, training etc.


In Order to Take the Tests:

Before taking the course you must:

  • You must have passed a CITB Health, safety and environment (HS&E) test no more than two years before attending this course.

  • You must have a good understanding of spoken and written English.

Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.

bottom of page